Boys Will Be Boys

3.10.2008

It's me again, Benjamin.

My mom and dad thought they were pretty good at this parenting gig...until I came along. They were forewarned "boys are different" and now they are finding out!

At first, things seemed little different. If anything, my mom worried that I would be too influenced by my big sisters and turn out to be a girly boy...given the toybox contents of barbies, babies, and all in 15 different shades of pink, she had reason to be concerned.

She should have saved her worrying.

The first thing I did when I saw a babydoll was to body slam it and sit on it....Much to her dismay, I tend to try to do this to real babies as well (most of which among my aquaintance also happen to be girls...oops).

Another thing I have a real passion for that neither of my sisters did (I'm told) is climbing. I love to scale the mountains of my home. The problem is, I don't quite know how to de-scale them, so to speak. Below is a prime example....


Scaling Mount Barbie Dream House















OK, I'm here, now what?!
This happened the same night that I threw several of Sophie and Annie's American Girl books into the fireplace -- while the fire was blazing! See, all that worrying for nothing, Mom! After all, boys will be boys!




0 comments: