An Old Time Christmas...Family and Friends 'Round the Tree

12.27.2007

Our Christmas Day here was probably similar to many of yours. We spent the day with people we loved, missed those who were far away, got more excited about the gifts we gave than the ones we received, and took it all in by remembering the little baby who came to earth to live and die for us.
The differences? The garbage men still picked up the trash, life outside our four walls went on as usual, no Christmas carols on the radio, no special Christmas programs on the TV, and (thankfully) no post-traumatic stress disorder from mall shopping. The last part may sound like a dream-come-true, but the trade off is spontaneously bursting into torrents of tears everytime the iPod shuffles to "I'll Be Home for Christmas" or "Old Time Christmas" (this one, by Randy Travis, really gets me. OK,
Christmas is over and I'm still getting misty just thinking about it.)
A picture IS worth a thousand words...this one, in brief, is saying, "Please, please, please tell me you didn't gem me a back-up generator for Christmas (read the box)!" The box contained a lovely baby doll sent by her aunt!


Benjamin opening presents with help from doting sisters. In reality, they barely let him put a finger on his toys before they took over and "showed" him how to play with them.




Sophie's face aglow at the thought of her own alarm clock...was I this mature at six? Doubtful.


Sophie and Annie's surprise at their new dollhouse! Shock and Awe : )

We finished our day with a lovely dinner spent with great friends and birthday cupcakes to celebrate Jesus' birth.




2 comments:

Princess said...

I love your blog! The family pictures are so adorable. I glad you enjoyed Christmas even though you are away from you family. Happy New Year!!

Maye said...

Loved the pictures. Ben is a big boy now! Sophie, I added my name and town to your map. Love you all!
Maye